Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
MsMadge - The slot machine bank sounds like fun.  You said something that I still say a lot...when 'I finally got around to it' means we were VERY busy doing what had to be done first, and we were / are tired.  Getting to rest our own bodies also 'should' fit in there too.  When that guilt pops up, I remember someone saying, "Don't 'should' on yourself."

My MIL once gave me something she found useful - "a round tuit", a joke decoration, since I often do not get around to it!
(4)

Don't beat yourself up for what's in the past MsM, she loved it now.
(7)

A while back I got the Viking one of those piggy banks that looks like a slot machine 🎰

finally got around to putting batteries and quarters in it and took it to Friday night fiesta

she loved it

feeling guilty I didn’t put more effort in to playing with it in the early days of hoca when she was mobile and could have benefited from the entertainment
(6)

3 days and counting.
(2)

GrannieAnnie

l've never cared much for the incense ball swung over the casket but I'd be hard pressed not to chuckle if it was medicinal mj

mom is pure Norwegian and the Viking in her started appearing with dementia- she once told a male resident at her facility who was bugging her that she's been known to kill 10 at a time when she goes berserk-

while I was surprised initially by what she said, I also understood how scary it is for her to be in constant contact with other sometimes violent demented folks

what I didn't know initially was that the word berserk is old Norse and a berserker Viking was a formidable warrior going into battle without shield - evidently, mom was channeling her ancestors
when I tell her to put on her Viking face, she'll bare her teeth 😆
(11)

hahaha   It feels good to laugh out loud.  No Xanax?  Love it Midkid58.
MsMadge, how did your Mom get called  the Viking?

Last weekend I was at my BIL's funeral and nearly laughed in the service.  It was a high mass complete with the incense ball swinging.  I  immediately thought about the story of an altar-boy/man who got arrested for putting marijuana in the incense bowl. I started sniffing to cover up the inappropriate chuckle.
(7)

Where have you been Midkid!
You have taken behaving badly to a new uproariously funny level.
(4)

Welcome,
midkid58

satan in a mu mu

rofl
(4)

Oh, gosh, I have never laughed so hard-- never have jumped over here--kind of afraid if getting some good ideas.

I'm mostly a really nice person but sometimes....

My MIL is satan in a muu-muu. Has hated the sight of me for 44 years and I am not going anywhere.

She is perfect. Never a misstep, never a mistake, 89 years old and "healthy as a horse" looks down on anyone who needs medications to deal with anything..blah, blah, blah. I'm on AD's, so I'm 'crazy'.

I am not allowed to use the bathroom at her house (long story) therefore I am also not allowed beverages. I sit in a chair in the corner, I kid you not, and wait patiently while DH does his due diligence in visiting. No words are addressed to me.

LAST visit (and I mean LAST, I'm never going there again) she and DH went into the LR to put batteries in her thermostat. I followed, out of sheer boredom. She shrieks at me 'you aren't allowed in here'. (DH doesn't DO conflict, so he just stands there.)

Went back into the kitchen and opened a cupboard to get some ibuprofen and I see she has a full scrip for Xanax. (what??? She has STRESS?????)

Nope, I didn't pilfer it. I just hid it. She'll never find it.

BWAHaHAHAHAHAHAHA..........
(13)

These are the "signs" already posted in my home:

SEES CANDY in a photo frame.
I'm having a good day, don't screw it up.
No Whining
Flush the toilet
Don't let the bird out.
(5)

We'll be doing mini bagels and cream cheese for Sunday breakfast

After getting the Viking settled down for a nap today, I asked her if she was comfortable? She said, no so I asked her what would make her comfortable? She said, a man 👨 I told her to hug her stuffed kitty 🐱
(11)

Very funny Send! Kind of reminds me of the one in public washroom stalls. "If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie and wipe the seatie"

Just think of all the signs we could compose.

Here's one I just thought up:
I can't wipe my own bum so would you be a nice man and lend me a hand.

I'm sure we could come up with our own greeting card statements.
(7)

My book on boundaries arrived.

Decided to keep the re-cycled paper plates. I started writing on them, placing them empty in the refrigerator. It says
"Hubs,
Sorry you missed breakfast and lunch."

Getting the pie will also need to wait.
(6)

Yes, sad MsMadge.
Time to get some more pie and share it.
Keep trying, is there a re-try on the fiesta......Saturday night?
(2)

I hear that Madge..............sad. :)
(2)

Despite the pie, it wasn't a very fun Friday night fiesta

another resident is nearing the end of her journey - she's been so tormented in the past year with seldom a visitor but tonight there was a crowd in her room nearly having a party - I shouldn't judge but it really upset me - she could have used some love and attention long before now
(10)

Pammzi,
You would need to start now.
(4)

My Aunt has arrived for a week.. hopefully she will keep Mom entertained and take some of the "work" off hubs and I a bit. Or maybe mom will be more dramatic about her pain and PT with a new audience? At least they laugh all the time! Moms PT guy has tattoos all over.. keeps them professionaly covered up ( he's a local boy) but Mom recently asked him to show them ALL to her! He did take one of his shirts off and show her his arms... Knowing my Aunt she'll want to see them too. These two are notorious for "checking out the package".. They are 85 and 88.. hope I'm that frisky when I am that age!
(5)

Grannie I am so sorry about Rose, you were a good niece .
(2)

Sorry for your loss GrannieAnnie.
(2)

GrannieAnnie,

I am sorry to read about Rose. ((Hugs))

Send,

The cows Don’t really need me. I just like to keep an eye on them. Babies, babies everywhere.
(4)

I'm so sorry GrannieAnnie. Your aunt was so lucky to have you, you did good (((hugs)))
(2)

After sitting with Rose for her last afternoon till 7 pm, when she stopped breathing, I am ready for the bus trip. I felt awful during her dying process, but now just tired and relieved for her.  Luckylu, I want to sit in those hot springs!
(4)

I Love the horse races! And there's a great bakery on the way we could stop at to stock our RV.
After we go to Oaklawn to the races,we could go to a bathhouse in Hot Springs and dip ourselves in that wonderful water that takes away wrinkles too~
(7)

Lu,
It is too warm in Puerto Vallarta for costumes. They sell beautiful cotton caftans there, bring a bathing suit, when and if we do go, such is life.

But you like the horse races? I think it is horse racing season.
(6)

No caregiver left behind.
The RV bus trip is cancelled.
(4)

Sorry, I'll fly in later.  Back to NH.  4 days with no food or water.  Comfort care only.  Rose is ready to go.
(4)

That's a great idea Send~I'll send everything I get to my frugal dH.He'll just Love that :)
Is dress attire pajama's? oR Do we wear costumes?
Iv'e got a bunny outfit, a Bill and Hillary mask, or Lady GaGa to choose from...
(4)

Luckylu,
It is the latest thing to shop, and have your packages sent home ahead of you.
(2)

GrannieAnnie,

LOL!
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter