Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Mom slept through much of breakfast and lunch yesterday so cinco de mayo was a bust

I stayed til she woke up before dinner - once seated in her chair she was happy to see me and asked me where I'd been - I teased her a bit and said I'd been looking for her all day - then, she said I'm sorry 😥
(9)

Uh oh, now Sue is recommending you roll the bed outside for a change of scenery?
(3)

Change of scenery!
(3)

Of course not! Not into the hall. Into someone elses room.
(5)

R u suggesting I roll roomie out into the hall?

😜
(7)

First time ever!
Never saw a post before where the caregiver tried to medicate the roomy instead of their own parent.

That may be an excellent idea for this roomy!
Gotta go now, start a new thread entitled:

Caregiver Roommate Wars

disclaimer
I know you are having a tough time MsMadge, sorry to make light of the situation.
Does her bed have wheels?
(5)

Chamomile is decaf

I was hoping it would calm her since she's up a lot at night and brags how she's cusses at mom -
she actually grabbed her arm when I was brushing mom's teeth last Saturday night because she wanted us out of her bathroom
so I wasn't too pleased about it
(4)

Wasn't the commercial, "Put Tony the Tiger in your gas tank?
(1)

There is no smoking in the rooms at hoca, right?
(1)

Wow, is roomy still awake from the caffeine?

Should be safe, but kinda awful tasting?

You could try it Ms.Madge.

Do you think she snorted it? lol.

Or, like snuff, put the grounds inside her lip?
(5)

not much of a fiesta tonight

the Viking’s asleep so I just made her roomy some chamomile tea

I went out to the common area for awhile and when I got back the tea bag was open

do you think she ate the grounds ??
(5)

The movie
road to wellville
had these treatments too

i vaguely remember it had something to do with a spa connected to Kellogg’s

maybe thats where the slogan
they’re grrrreat comes from 😂
(6)

It sure explained alot for me too Gershun.Iv'e always wondered what that thing was in my Mother's closet~
(6)

True that Send.
(1)

Gershun,
This information is useless if it is the husband who has hysteria.
(3)

This explains everything...................:)

I can die with ease now.
(4)

MsMadge,
Is there a Friday night fiesta?
(1)

I googled Hysterical Paroxysm too!

The trailer from the movie Hysteria came up. Mrs Parsons and her hat cracked me up.
(3)

hahaha...of course I had to look it up!
(2)

There was a wonderful play here in NYC a couple of years ago about just this subject. It's really amazing the gifts that electricity brought us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Next_Room_(or_The_Vibrator_Play)
(4)

Soooo, if a woman is hysterical, it is her husband's fault? Lol.
(3)

Physician assisted paroxysm sounds so much better than
physician assisted suicide, imo.
(7)

I've just spent the last hour googling hysterical paroxysm - I haven't laughed so much in ages🤣🤣
(8)

"I'm the master of the 'hysterical paroxysm'," I wonder if they said that to all the girls back then.
(4)

Sue, so freakin 😆 funny! Thanks for the laugh.
(3)

Lol Sue!
No one is going to post after your last behaving badly. Ha ha ha.
(3)

My dear, departed MIL had "a round tuit" on her fridge too (a pot holder of some sort). I could't figure out what it meant, had to ask.....oh, "around to it".
So, if I didn't get around to it, she'd give me her Round Tuit. (play on words.) Cute.

Maybe they'd have better attendance at mass if they put some "green incense " in that swingin' ball! Better participation too. Hallelujah !

Speaking of behaving badly, ya' know that in the early 1900's, 75% of Victorian ladies suffered from 'hysteria' (including headaches and fits and rough language). They went to the doctor for "treatment" (pelvic massage). The patient would wind up with a "hysterical paroxysm" (orgasm) and be temporarily cured. Since this treatment was so popular, the doctor's worn out fingers gave way to the first electrical vibrator. Since the 1980's vibrators have been "out of the closet". Shame on you ladies behaving badly. ;)
( info from Broadly.vice.com).

Oh my goodness, did I just write that? :0 Maybe I'm behaving badly too!
(10)

I didn't get a round tuit. I would much rather hand those out than Easter eggs.
(3)

So here I am rolling with laughter already this morning. Satan in a muu-muu, slot machines, Mary Jane smoke, the round tuit ( also on the side of my fridge, MIL's), and Berserk, a favorite word of our family on here! Send, I just read your message to me the other day and I love you. I sent you 1 back. Well Happy Palm Sunday, Passover etc. my peeps! Ya'all gave me stuff to think about in church. That's possibly going to be the only hour today when I WON'T be behaving badly!
(6)

MidKid,

Satan in a muu-muu! That’s just too funny 😂. Thanks for the laugh!
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter