Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Send...It's wonderful you got some doggie hugs today and it was so nice of You to visit them.There are so many that need homes and Love.I sure wish You could have one!
(3)

Sounds like it's time to change jobs. Getting even
doesn't help and may make it worse on you. Time
to let someone else deal with the patient and take
a break to catch your breath.
(0)

C A R E G I V E R S. B E H A V I N G. B A D L Y
Ever just want to tear your hair out, or someone else's? If you cannot restore a sense of balance, you will run away from home? Just want to say some things without the constraints of staying on topic? Well, this thread is for you! If you just need a short break to let it all hang out, be a brat, then come on, you can do it. No holding back! Go for it, you can do it.

AT SANDRA,   Welcome back, I see you are returning after some difficulties.   Quick, while you still can, edit your post.
This thread is for mostly joking, exaggerating, etc. "Behaving Badly on Purpose," in our imaginations.  
Be sure to visit the thread:  "General topics".
(2)

:)
(1)

So last night after taking mom out to dinner she wasn't ready to go to bed upon returning to the hotel California so I made us some tea and we watched an Esther Williams movie

The evening nurse was nearby and we were chatting and she told me last year when mom was still using her walker she would try to open the exit door in the hallway only to set off the alarm - and then she'd scurry to her room and try to hide pretending it wasn't her who did it
Ahh - that's my Viking behaving badly
(8)

Yay Mom.
(3)

Good for your Mom Madge! I'd probably do the same.

Reminds me of a job I had. It was a small office. Only four employees. Close knit little group. I never fit in. I was in the washroom, put my Starbucks on the floor next to me and it tipped over. Picture a mocha streaming out through all the stalls. I quickly did my business, ran down to Starbucks and got myself another mocha. I could have admitted to it and called the cleaning crew but ah well.............. I noticed when the rest of the staff arrived at the office, one girl looked pointedly at my coffee. I just smiled sheepishly.
(4)

I don't know if this is the exact fit for this thread but since it wold be considered bad behavior...

A few weeks ago, while I was driving to visit Mom in the hospital, a deer struck the side of her van. I called the insurance company and dropped off the van at the body shop.

Since then, Mom took a sudden turn, came home on hospice and subsequently died.

The body shop called me to tell me the van was ready and when I picked it up, the handed me an envelope. I asked what it was and was told that it is a lifetime warranty on the body work. I asked "the owners' lifetime?" and when they told me yes, I just started giggling. In response to the quizzical look, I told her that the warranty won't be any good because the owner had just died.

I feel bad because the poor lady had no idea what to say. "I'm sorry for your loss" just didn't seem to fit when I was laughing. I couldn't help myself. It just seemed so ironic.
(7)

Perfect fit Mom2Mom.

Still, sorry again for the loss of your Mom.
And the deer.
(4)

I brought two pies to the hotel California tonight and while mom was eating hers she looked at me and asked how did we get here?
I replied, We flew in on your broom
(4)

Lol.
(1)

Ready for the big race?
I just gave Luckylu $2.00 cyber money to bet on any longshot today on the preakness race. She doesn't know yet that I am going to keep the cyber winnings! Lol, ha ha ha,
buwahahaha, don't tell her Ms. Madge!
Omg, what if she wins????
I love you Luckylu!
(3)

Photo finish...Cloud Computing
(2)

I put $10 on senior investment at 25 to 1 - he finished 4th
Kinda like my other senior investments
(4)

Just perusing the forum I discovered how much humor can be derived from our very own caregiver's comments.

The other day Luckylu started a whine-so many people liked it:
"I'm not sure but I am sure that I live with a huge control freak.Today,I go out to feed my birds and he's tied the wire around the suet feeder so much that I have to get wire cutters just to get it off so I can fill it."

So, Luckylu....which bird was it?
(3)

The "bird" was the huge one with the pot belly and beard that loves to make snarky noises.
I Love you too Send!
(3)

As I was cleaning out mom's purse tonight and restocking her life savers, I looked in her little coin purse and her wad of fake money was gone - and I had just given her a crisp new $50 for Mothers Day!
(5)

I take it, Ms Madge, the $50 was fake??? who would take fake money unless the person was a foreigner who didn't know the difference??? I would put more fake money in there with a little note in the middle of it saying, smile!!! You're being recorded on a hidden cam.
(4)

My Behaving badly is I lied to me sister. We borrowed a banquet table from her 7 years. It is a very heavy table, takes at least 2 strong adults to lift it. Anyway, sis never asked about so my hubs took it to the dump. I was not happy he did that because I know my sister. Sure enough, she emailed me that she wants it back. I told her we used it a couple weeks ago and it slid out the back of our truck and broke. I will be happy to reimburse you the cost just let me know. I fovetec hubs butt which I don't like being in that position but honestly, she only wants it because of principle, ok hubs can pay her for it and I wash my hands.
(3)

Really interested in the "how to" part:
fovetec hubs butt?
Lol.
Obviously, this was a typo, but what did you really mean to say?
(1)

LOL!!! I covered hubs butt. Sis emailed back a snarky response so I ordered her a new table and poker chips and told her have fun playing poker and entertaining. By all means sell the bistro table. Now I am done with her.
(4)

Tonight, dH and I will be hunkering down with our most recent acquisition of a hand-packed pint:
"Chocolate Cherries Garcia". We have been looking all around for it since MsMadge mentioned it.

We have a bag of chocolate chip cookies, too, all comfort foods.

Starting the Saturday evening off with a Lactaid tablet, since I am intentionally going to behave badly by eating.

Don't try this at home because the next day there may be regrets.
(4)

Yesterday I went for a long run/walk on the local woodland trail, it was extra long because the loops in the trail were not marked and I'm pretty sure I was going around in circles for a while lol. The behaving badly part is that I rewarded myself with a bag of potato chips, of course I ate the entire bag :P
The other day I noticed how mom is mostly skin and bones but she still has that little round belly, if even now she can't shed the belly fat then I may as well chalk it up to genetics and eat what I please.
(3)

Strange hazmat event at the sleeping beauty castle tonight.
A f l o c k of g e e s e
flew over Disneyland (anaheim)
during the full moon, 9 p.m. Friday.

A hazmat team was called because they pooped on a crowd of people. This really happened in So. California.

The bratty part is that I feel funny about it.
(3)

Maybe the geese ate radioactive wheat on their flight, therefore, the people pooped on were glowing in the dark creating a panic the zombie apocalypse has come.
(2)

California, right? I think it must have been fear of GMO corn poop.
(2)

Lol.  Radioactive geese, zombie acopylypse, gmo corn poop!

Today, Irish War Cry is my pick for The Belmont Stakes horse race. Warning, the last two horses I had picked for The Kentucky Derby and The preakness were last.

I love that some caregivers had weighed in with their great opinions and horse race savvy, never would have known!

So, hubs and I found out we can watch the race PST at the bowling alley this afternoon about 3 p.m. Did not even know about betting there. I won't bet, but hubs can try $2.

The bratty part is, that I would be a bad influence on him.
Lol. Let's see if he does bet.  I know he would like the one-eyed horse, Patch.

Of course, this is just recreational thinking about it....
(3)

I better change my bet then, Send

Start spreading the news
New York New York
(2)

Changing mine too, Tapwrit.
But we are going to miss it-forgot about hubs schedule for work will prevent us from even seeing it, happening now....
(2)

Nice.
Tapwrit won, Irish War Cry second, Patch was third.
Still have not seen the race, and hubs points out that at the time of my post on here, the results were already in, so I am a cyber loser now.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter