Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
There often is not as much coming out of my brain-as there is coming out of my mouth. It has no colors, is mostly hot air and words. Some of the words have been colorful though. Lol?
(1)

Here is some Albondigas Soup...the meatballs can be kept in the freezer.
Find a recipe, make it at home, freeze the leftovers.
(0)

Gershun, Just cannot sleep at all!

Were you or anyone aware how many Superfund Sites there are in the U.S.?

Does anyone know the driving time from L.A. to Bakersfield?
To visit the elderly?

Do children with a seizure (mild) need to go to the E.R. if they have been tested before and have a temp. of only 101? Grandchildren issues.

Does anyone know the difference between a physiatrist and a psychiatrist?
Or how to spell it?

If one is eating Manuka Honey, late at night, how much is too much before one goes into a coma-if they are not diabetic?

If a person needs new glasses, it's been two years, they have a condition called (kerataconus) should they see an optometrist, or return to their ophthalmologist?

Should we move if cigarette smoke, pot smells, and smoke from fires are entering our home, daily.  And the neighbor pounds on the floor everytime there is a sports game on T.V.?

What does one do hiring a housekeeper if they don't do windows, or clean the fan blades and cupboard tops?  And climbing a ladder is dangerous for both occupants?

Does anyone hire college kids anymore to work at their home?

If one's hubs has 3 days off work, should we just forget everything and go to the beach?

Does anyone actually BELIEVE anything the celebrity doctors recommend after having checked the confusing and inaccurate facts, then been embarrassed to pay $35 for powdered bone broth?  Meh.  Yeah, powdered bone broth.

How many supplements are too many, when you are so full one cannot eat anymore of anything, but one is still hungry?

It is really ok to stay up late if you sleep in late, right?  There is a lot of noise coming out of the drawer, should I close it?

meh. Just a few minor worries.  Anyone can private message me.
(0)

The newer Crabby Crab in Alhambra has an entire pound of fries!
(1)

Were you or anyone aware how many Superfund Sites there are in the U.S.?

I don't know what a Superfund Site is. So, no.

Does anyone know the driving time from L.A. to Bakersfield?
To visit the elderly?

I should ask Auntie Google. But not if that's going to lead you, as it does me, to look up things like Lucile Desmoulins and start worrying about the French Revolution the effects of which, as Chairman Mao so rightly observed, it is too early to judge.

Do children with a seizure (mild) need to go to the E.R. if they have been tested before and have a temp. of only 101? Grandchildren issues.

Cool the child and call for medical advice. If the child has already been given paracetamol and still has a temp of 101 then definitely ER, though, and don't spare the horses.

Does anyone know the difference between a physiatrist and a psychiatrist?
Or how to spell it?

What in heaven's name is a physiatrist? Ah, here we are: "What is a Physiatrist? Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) physicians, also known as physiatrists, treat a wide variety of medical conditions affecting the brain, spinal cord, nerves, bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, and tendons." Sound like useful chaps.

If one is eating Manuka Honey, late at night, how much is too much before one goes into a coma-if they are not diabetic?

I expect you would be sick quite a long time before you went into a coma. Or bankrupt, possibly. Expensive stuff. My New Zealand buddy was outraged by the prices - when she was a gal, out on the family farm, honey that had been spoiled by manuka, which grows like a weed out there, was generally rejected. Then they had an economic crisis and diversified. And how grateful we should be! - because its properties have been carefully validated.

If a person needs new glasses, it's been two years, they have a condition called (kerataconus) should they see an optometrist, or return to their ophthalmologist?

Go to your optometrist and get new glasses. Ask the optometrist if there are any observable changes since your last examination. If so, back to your ophthalmologist.

Should we move if cigarette smoke, pot smells, and smoke from fires are entering our home, daily. And the neighbor pounds on the floor everytime there is a sports game on T.V.?

Only if you can move somewhere where there definitely won't be anything worse.

What does one do hiring a housekeeper if they don't do windows, or clean the fan blades and cupboard tops? And climbing a ladder is dangerous for both occupants?

See below.

Does anyone hire college kids anymore to work at their home?

See above.

If one's hubs has 3 days off work, should we just forget everything and go to the beach?

How far is the beach? And did you check about the visiting the elderly relative time? And can you combine the two in three days?

Does anyone actually BELIEVE anything the celebrity doctors recommend after having checked the confusing and inaccurate facts, then been embarrassed to pay $35 for powdered bone broth? Meh. Yeah, powdered bone broth.

You didn't! Did you? Oh gorblimey.

How many supplements are too many, when you are so full one cannot eat anymore of anything, but one is still hungry?

You feel hungry but you're not hungry - just completely out of sorts. Have you got an iPod with some dance music on it? And an exercise bike? You need to work up a thirst and then drink some plain cool water.

It is really ok to stay up late if you sleep in late, right?

It is, but don't sleep in late. Get up at what you consider to be a Christian hour, even if you're still really tired. Then you'll be able to sleep the next night - or that's the theory, anyway.

There is a lot of noise coming out of the drawer, should I close it?

Er... What sort of noise? If it's a squeaking and scuffling, yes, firmly, and then call on someone else to deal with it in the morning. If it's a crying baby, probably not.

It must be nearly morning by now? Don't go back to sleep! Get up and watch the sunrise with a really good cup of coffee :) x
(6)

Oh, never in my wildest imagination would I have expected an answer to any of the what's on my mind series.
However, there is a soon to be famous author and comedian who has just made my day, even if it is only 3 a.m.

You are really appreciated Churchmouse!

Thank you!

Now it's gonna be hard to stand and get quickly to the BR, because I am laughing so hard.

Sunrise in my part of the world is 5:57 a.m.
Waiting for the sunrise.
(3)

I can't begin to answer those questions as my google search froze!!!
(2)

There you have it-proof in writing that my suffering arrives a full 3 days before each full moon. If I am not aware, I could take myself too seriously.

Countrymouse and her answers made me laugh, and that she took the time to answer!!made all the difference to me, as I was immediately able to let it all go. I will call this 'friend therapy'. Thank you again, CM!
And thank you too, Sharyn, just for being there, also funny.
(3)

You are so funny Send and CM. How do you CM, come up with these questions and answers? My humor is very dry sarcasm. I had a customer ask me "where can I find frozen blueberries?" My response... "in the frozen food section, duh!!! I about fell on the floor laughing! Another customer told me there was a fly inside a cake container. Stoically I replied, don't worry, there is no extra charge.
(3)

Sharyn, you'll like this - a friend was looking at my newly planted-up flower bed and said "oh! Where did you find the tree peony?"

"Tree peony?" I said, "is that what it is?"

"It's a tree. With peonies on it. What did you think it was?"
(3)

Watching "Home Fires".
Hubs turned it on to distract me because earlier he said my knuckles were getting white, lol.
I never watched it because I thought it was about war.
It's more about women in a quaint country town, in England, before WWII, and so far in the series how they supported the war effort at home.
(2)

Keep The Home Fires Burning was a popular ditty of the Great War, WW1, Send. What with the centenary of the end of it coming up next year and everything we're getting a steady trickle of themed programming. Most of it a) treacly and b) carefully attuned to 21st century sensibilities in terms of diversity and equality so as not to offend today's viewers. Or only offend those viewers with any historical awareness anyway, and I don't suppose they're the majority.

Haven't seen Home Fires though - who's in it?
(2)

Send,
Are you yelping or did you actually go to the crabby crab?
(1)

Mom loves mentholatum - whatever the problem just rub some mentholatum on it

A few years ago my niece had salmonella and had diarrhea for weeks and had a sore bottom as a result (tmi). So jokingly, I hope, mom suggested she put some mentholatum on her bottom ( feel the burn just thinking about it)

So tonight, her caregiver was lamenting that her daughter has a sore bottom from diarrhea so I say ask mom what she should do - mom said put some mayonnaise on it - ha ha

I asked what about mentholatum, and she said oh no, that would burn - still it's gotta be better than mayo
(4)

CM, that is funny too!! Mayo on burning bottom, we all like mayo on ours buns!
(1)

Not really a caregiver behaving badly just the patient this time. First day in rehab was sat down at a table and given a small bowl of glass balls and pennies. Beside it a slightly larger bowl with a hole in the top. I was told to transfer them one at a time from the small bowl to the big one. When that was approved I had to repeat the process in the opposite direction. Something in my demeanor must have got through to the therapist because she did not let me pin the clothes pins on the line.. like the other old lady was doing.
When we brought all of our concerns to the attention of the administrators we were told that therapy was scheduled for 2 1/2 hours each day. Opened mouth,couldn't help it and said "They must be using different watches from me then! After that they checked their watches at the start and told me exactly how much time I had. I also objected to them eating their lunch and gossiping while I was supposed to be getting therapy. That stopped in a hurry too. did not do anything about the puppies though. They were really cute kept in cage 4' by8' in one side of the room and had to be taken out frequently for potty breaks. That took up about a third of the room not that it mattered because the only equipment they had was a set of parallel bars
(4)

Veronica, sounds like you are recovering, making progress. Always glad to read your posts. Puppies in the therapy area?? What is that about?
(0)

Any one up for caregiving shenanigans? 12:20 am here with another busy day ahead in the morning.
(1)

I'd love to stay up late and play but I'm pooped and have to be at work early - or at least on time
(1)

Sharyn, This caregiver is in a bad mood. Not fun tonight.  3:58 a.m. here.

Do you know why my bouganvillia has only blooms and no leaves?
Can the bunnies jump up into the pot (20" tall) and eat them off?
Should I talk to the bunnies, or to the plant?

Will you be taking us with you when you move?
(1)

Veronica, Did you get to keep the pennies?

Cwillie, Churchmouse, You up yet? Please take it from here.
(2)

Reading back a ways....
CM, Home Fires has some British actors-Will google that...

Ms.Madge, Just yelping-was hoping you had tried it so if you liked it, I would try it soon. Hubs doesn't really like crab, lobster, or shrimp because they feed on the bottom (bottom feeders), but the one pound of fries was interesting-and the place may be newer. I also love to share new finds...
(0)

Actors in the Masterpiece Theatre "Home Fires"
Samantha Bond, Francesca Annis, Ruth Gennell, Claire Rushbrook, Frances Grey, Mark Bazeley, Ed Stoppard.

Busted, though. after Series 1 must pay to see it.  It was well done.

Apologize in advance, but I was especially shocked at Mark Bazeley's character of an abusive husband, but enjoyed the ways that was treated back in those days (by the women).
(0)

Ah. What I think of as an Equity Pension Plan series - one of those they seem to have dreamed up to keep all our national treasures in work, like Morse and Midsomer Murders. But then again that sort are usually very watchable - I like Samantha Bond especially, because she can be a hoot given the right script. She was in a series called "Outnumbered" playing the mother's hysterically exasperating sister and did it beautifully - I could have slapped her myself, right through the tv screen!

I'm not sure any age was or will be free of abusive people, sadly. There's even one in a Lord Peter Whimsey story, a chap who's down on his luck and suspected of "being beastly" to his fragrant and long-suffering wife. A dim view was taken of that sort of thing, whereas nowadays of course he'd go to jail. But I wonder if we'll ever work out a way of preventing it rather than punishing it afterwards?
(0)

Send, I don't know anything about bunnies except of course the energizer bunny. Did you recently repot or move your bougie to another location?

Very tired this morning, could not sleep. Hmmm, I don't want to get up and adult today, too much to do.
(2)

SharynMarie, thanks re: the bougie. Yes, I had it moved because it had no leaves, now there is more sun, more blooms, but still no leaves.
I remember each year you say to get the (grasshopper?) eggs out of the dirt.
At least it's still alive. Wind has been bad, maybe the leaves blew off.

I know you are so busy with offers on your house. Cannot wait for the results. What is this loballing offers, anyway? Maybe it is their way of finding out what you will counter with, then their associates come in with an offer closer to that. Are you aware you can just say no, or allow an insulting offer expire without a response? I saw this on the varied househunter shows-I think it was "The Property Brothers". Your realtor will advise you.
Good Luck! Hope you get full price!
(2)

Hi Send, after cleaning all day yesterday and today, I am spent. Was dozing on the couch at 8:30 when our RE agent texted me saying the buyer wants to view our home tomorrow before deciding. Crossed toes, fingers and 👀 Eyes tonight!!
(2)

One could request, in addition to the $1,000 Check along with their offer, a good faith deposit of $5,000 + for opening an escrow. Note: Is any of this a non-refundable amount? You can ask.

My buyer closed escrow with cash and wanted me out that day @ noon!
Prior to the R.E. agent appearing at my door at 10:00 a.m. same day, to tell me-and about the law in CA for low-flow toilets....the realtor quoted the
offer: 30 days or sooner, at close of escrow. He was my realtor, and of no help at all.
Moving out in two hours, and replacing the toilets.
(2)

This is a cash offer which closes in 15 days , we are asking to stay in the house till the end of June.
(2)

That was horrible of your RE agent to not look after your best interest.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter