Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Speaking of clean sheets...

I saw this posted on Facebook the other day, and it made me chuckle:

Bedgasm:
(noun) a feeling of euphoria experienced when climbing into bed at the end of a very long day.

I think clean sheets, dried outdoors on the line in the sunshine and fresh air may actually account for multiple bedgasms. ;-)
(5)

Bedgasm will have to wait until hubs can be rounded up and help. We both fell asleep. Maybe now we both need a caregiver, or just a housekeeper.
This all will be better soon, I am positive. We're not that old yet.
(5)

I am definitely going for a bedgasm soon - spent over 2 hours cleaning out my van for a day trip tomorrow. Oh, the joys of grandkids in a vehicle...love them to death, but OMG.....fingerprints all over the windows...LIP PRINTS on the windows (not kidding)...bits and pieces of food on the floor (not talking huge stuff here, but when traveling with kids, occasional eating in the vehicle happens)...and the worst of all, I discovered that a small leak had occurred near the back of the van, and had seeped down into the folded-down seat, which then developed into a lovely crop of black mold. We keep the back seat folded down into the floor of the van to make more cargo space in the back, so I never even knew it was there until I folded the back seat up to clean everything.

So now, not only am I dealing with the mold in the basement of the house, I am dealing with it in the van too! So unhappy with that. I cleaned everything thoroughly, vaccuumed and shampooed the carpet where the small spots of mold had grown, and will do it again after our trip tomorrow to be doubly sure it's gone. Left the windows open to air out and dry the carpet.
(sigh) Sooo tired. Still finishing up client work so that I can be gone tomorrow. No bedgasm for me for a little while yet. But the van is clean, and that's a good feeling at least!
(2)

Bedgasm may be my new favorite word next to exhaustipated
(3)

Yes, I like bedgasm, great way to explain it!!!
(1)

In 23 years it will be the 40s again

Wonder what music we'll be listening to while drinking rum and Coca Cola
(2)

In 23 years, we will be able to spray on our leggings (ref. to whine thread topic) and be expected to go out in public that way.

Or, maybe we will have a robot tell us: "No way are you going out dressed like that", and we can say, "thank you, Siri".
(1)

We will start all over with the oldies, but goodies, singing "Happy Days again".

Happy Days star Erin Moran, 56, has died. 
 Sad to say.
(0)

I saw that, Send. They did an immediate autopsy, because her downward spiral in the past few years led to automatic assumption that there were drugs involved. The tox screen hasn't come back yet, but the report is that there were no illicit drugs in the house, and that she had Stage 4 cancer, and that was determined to be the cause of death by autopsy. How sad. I'm not sure anyone even knew she had it.
(1)

Susan, Did you have more pain after cleaning out the van?
If I did that, (or right now, if I could even do that) the pain would keep me in bed a week.
(0)

Send - yes, the cleaning out of the van was probably a huge mistake in terms of the neck/shoulder issue, but needed to be done. I made our day trip yesterday loaded with pain relievers (just OTC, nothing heavy) and lidocaine patches all over my neck/shoulders. I looked comical, but hey, whatever works.

Today I've been back to working from bed again, legs acting up from all the driving (and salty picnic foods - gah!) and just overall feeling gross from all the activity over the past few days. I'll be ok in a couple of days. At least I can still work. :-)
(2)

Made it through the trip and the recovery period of 24 hours with my feet up most of the time to relieve the swelling and give my neck a break. Back up and at it today.

I forgot what it's like to travel with kids - clean the vehicle before the trip so it's nice and clean when you go...then clean it when you come back to remove all the debris from the trip. A single day trip and the van was full of sand, popcorn and other "debris of the road". At least it didn't take me 2 hours to clean it this time.
(0)

Car Wash pending. No rides until that is done. Ha ha, no gas either!
I don't care.

In the movie, "The Never Ending Story", Morla, the ancient tortoise came up out of the mud, in the swamp, and said to Atreyu: "I....d.o.n.' t. c a r e....
(2)

o m g . . . . . . . .someone bit my bunny's head off.
(2)

I'm going to strangle my mother and then I will definitely be a brat.

It's 2am here and I have a headache from my mom's antics/texts a bit earlier. There is a 24 hour McDonald's a block away that will sell me a hot fudge sundae that will make my headache better. :) I'm going to go get one. Big Saturday night for me, whoopee!

ETA:  I went for a sundae and came home with a salad.  Did I lose my Brat card?  That Southwest Chicken Salad they have is downright delicious and I won't get sick from sugar overload.  Still... seems like a very un Bratty trade off.  ;) 
(3)

Send has already gone to bed, but I am sure Gershun would agree you must turn in your brat card immediately, unless you go back and get the ice cream.

Do you know what happens to the corn in that Southwest salad when you eat it?  You will see it whole in your toilet the next day!

And the dressing!  Do you have any idea how much sugar is in that to get it to taste good?  What were you thinking?

The chicken, oh, don't get me started on the chicken!  Have you ever felt it before eating it?  Examine it carefully-a little slimey?

How do "we" know this?

Next time, Ali, skip the salad, go right to the ice cream, get two sundaes.
Will you be ok?
(2)

Ali, I've heard the salad's at the Golden Arches are yummy. I had one once, forget what it was. But even brats need to skip the ice cream sometimes. And Ali, my weekends are even less exciting..........:P
(2)

Send, I don't examine what comes out of my bum like you do. ;)

But guess what my next avatar picture might be "Can you spot the corn in this photograph?"
(2)

Another kitty picture?  Kitty threw up, corn?
(1)

Oh, there is the problem....the Southwest salads I ate were coming from jack, not the golden arches. But the ice cream came from donald's.
(2)

Ali, Is your headache better?
(1)

Yes, thanks for asking, and I didn't even have to resort to hard liquor. ;-) I just have to accept that my mom is going to do what she wants. My dad is going to be ok any which way. I'm going to take my own advice that I give to my mom and focus on myself and my needs. So, yeah, headache is better, and I have a new resolve to let that situation play out however it's going to. My dad hasn't been in his new place but a few days. It's a big change for him and now my mom has a new distraction. Things will settle down, or they won't, and I don't care either way. Well, I do CARE, but I can't change it. I'd rather do without the headaches, ya know? :)
(2)

Ali, glad your headache is gone. Mine is sitting right next to me. :)
(2)

This is the night for headaches. Too much stress and trying to talk to my hubs who tunes me out...ugh!!! If I tell him to get the wax out of his ears and listen, does that make me a brat??
(1)

Got behind on everything.
But just here to say EVERYONE who posts here qualifies as a brat, and if you have a screen name on AC, that is your forever BRAT CARD!
It doesn't matter if you haven't had your ice cream, have a headache, or are just always joking (there was nothing under the bed last night); everyone deserves to let off steam, vent, exaggerate, or whatever.
Welcome to Caregivers Behaving Badly.! ! ! U R ALL BRATS !
(5)

Ali
Didn't you even get fries with that salad ?
(1)

Last weekend it was too hot and now it's raining with thunder and lightening

I want a bowl of albondigas soup - do I need to take a shower to go and get takeout ?
(2)

You're a brat, Madge, no shower required. Soup sounds good.
(0)

It's okay Gershun. I don't examine everything that comes out of my brain like most people do.

It's midnight soon, and I have gone to bed.

Sad to hear of Mom2Mom's loss, but holding her up!
(2)

You don't examine everything that comes out of your brain Send? I do............you should see some of the junk that comes out of it? Green stuff, red stuff, purple stuff. Smart stuff...............occasionally. Dumb stuff..........quite often.

Anyway.............:)
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter