Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Candy,outta my dH's Easter basket.Those big sugar eggs....and next,his Lindor egg....
(3)

Where's your Easter Basket Lu?
(1)

My basket is in the attic,sad to say Send.Mother used to give me the best ones...till she got sick...but I always put one together for my husband and buy the candy I like and then steal it after I give it to him.
(3)

{^~~^}

(2)

I'm looking at all these little text emojis and thinking of the one I keep seeing when I open the internet options on my laptop, which shows the names of neighboring wifi setups:

HOME

MyCharter

MyCharter

MySpectrum

BEARD

HobbitHouse

HobbitHouseGuest

and...for the win:

My I.P.'s are up here ( . )Y( . )

LOL
(3)

Managed to break mom out of the hotel California for Easter dinner with my bro and his family which for some reason I feel compelled to do or she'd never see them

So before the meal arrived I turn to my niece and say grandma's gotta pee - to which she replies
Grandma needs another relative

So begrudgingly she rolls the Viking to the loo only to return minutes later saying that didn't work - huh?
She put her feet down and wouldn't go in the bathroom - hmm

So I pull out the box of See's and ask mom if she wants a piece - as her hand reaches for the candy I say - uh uh - not until you let L take you potty
Next words out of her mouth were
L, hurry up
(5)

MsMadge, good move on your part, LOL!!!
(3)

That was a memorable Easter, MsMadge.  These days, we take any outings we can get.

Today is Friday already?

The list of things I am unable to do is growing...
1)Missed a morning trip across town, to/from.
2)Hubs had to take my chiropractor appointment, to/from on bike/bus.
3)Have an afternoon appointment for myself, trying an acupuncturist for pain.
4) .........
5).........
6) .........
7) pick up hubs from work 9:30 p.m.

Somethings gotta give.
(1)

I hope the acupuncture works for you Send, my mom found it really helpful when she had sciatica pain.
(2)

Send

Let us know how the acupuncture goes

Try and nap before the appointment

Can hubs uber home tonight ?
(1)

Hubs may not get to work in time-conflicts with my appointment and he is not home to get in the shower timely.
These frustrations are like any other day-he will be fine.
Cancel everything.
(0)

I am having a weepy day. Why can't I get my oven and fridge fixed? Called the appliance repair, set it up for morning...then the repair guy calls this morning and informs me he has me last on the list....now 4:45 and not here yet. I am wondering what I should do if he shows up at all...not answer the door? flatten his truck tire?? ex-lax in his coffee and when he goes out lock the door behind him so he can't use my bathroom? Grrr. I am contemplating just buying a new oven elsewhere or moving out of here. The simplest things cannot be fixed no matter how much $$$ you dangle in front of them. I absolutely hate home ownership.
(1)

I hope your day gets better, Katie. I hate days like that.
I hear you on the home ownership thing. If I don't end up staying in this house (my parents' home) after the MERP mess is all said and done, I fully plan on renting for the rest of my life. Someone else can handle the leaks, the roof replacements, the appliances needing to be replaced, the taxes, the insurance....
(2)

Ok, still going....got out of the shower twice to answer the phone. The Lac rescheduled to later....where is dH...be calm, he is just being dH, he could care less if he gets to work on time...he thinks he is on vacation today, meh.
Thank you MsMadge, and Cwillie. I was thinking of not getting acupuncture until you spoke up. I will go. Guesing there is something to being calm prior.
(0)

Katie,
You cannot get your stove and refrigerator fixed. You just can't.

Neither can I, but I am liking your revenge fantasies, that is...if his truck ever makes it to your driveway.....
(1)

Susan, tell her....it cannot be done! No repairs are possible on a Friday, imo.
(1)

Sharyn,
Did you know the people came to take Cwillie's Mom to a permanent home today? Instead of respite, permanent.

Are you okay, Cwillie? Will check back with you later....you can let it all out right here.
(5)

Cwillie, I wish you all the best and a smooth transition.

Send, No repairs got done, of course!, but he did arrive late and tear up the kitchen and order parts.$$$. At least he put the stuff back and was nice...I almost feel guilty about the ex-lax plan...heehee.
(2)

Susan, renting is sounding better each day. I remember the carefree life we had in apartments back in the day. Not much room but we got creative with storage and use of space and we were happy.
(4)

Cwillie - hang in there....let us know if you need to talk or vent, we're here for you. This transition won't be easy.

Katie, I remember that too - before I moved in with Mom to care for her, I was renting my dream home. Gorgeous 100+ year old stone house in a small country town with hardwood floors, a massive country kitchen with an island and a big white farmhouse sink, tons of cabinet and counter space, a lovely deck and big front porch.....gosh I miss it. I won't even go into the details of this house, but suffice to say that the difference is like night and day. I'd never lived in a house that was just so ultimately "me" as that house was.
(1)

no I was not aware of this with cwillie.  
Cwillie, what a big change for you.   There is still much you will be doing with advocating for your mother. I know it feels like you lost a friend but believe me, once you have rested up, you will feel much better.  
(3)

Sharyn,
Hello!

We had fresh popped popcorn tonight. That's about it for our fun Friday night. dH went to bed.
(0)

Katie, It never hurts to have an ex-lax plan, imo. Behaving bad is what this thread is for. Concerning the repairs, sometimes I just hate being right.
Can you use your kitchen? Is he coming back soon?

Susan, Where was this perfect house? Sounds like my dream home too.
(0)

Went to the acupuncturist. Maybe I will have to cope with blocked meridians, messed up chakra, and darkened healing light. I could handle the needles, but the other stuff scares me. No offense to others who believe.
(1)

Hi Send, my Friday night after work, I ate a Go Yum peanut butter cup, lol!! They are so much better than Reeces and only 7-11 carries them.
(2)

There was something scarier than the giant needles - ?

Send, what did they do to you? Yikes!
(2)

Send, my kitchen is usable at least until he returns, as a have a second microwave in there.
Susan, that house sounds nice. My kitchen here has never been the strong spot of this place, but the view is nice at least. That would be so great, renting a nice house and letting the landlord worry about a broken oven, etc!
(2)

Katie,
My oven is broken for over a year now-it has a weak starter and the gas company tagged it. But the stove top works. Because of finances, I now use a larger toaster oven, cheaper than the repairs. Gas rules however! Are you going to be baking when summer comes?
(1)

CM,
Not ignoring you, have answered you privately.

Ok then, today I get clean sheets-that's my only goal for now.

Well, Sharyn, if I do get out today,  Go Yum!
(2)

Send,

Clean sheets on a Saturday night feel good - last week I washed the bed pad too

Where the heck did this heatwave come from ?

I was hoping to clean out the garage but it is too hot out there and with all the rain this year there are crazy bugs everywhere

I guess I at least need to deal with the wasp hut I noticed last night under the eave by the door
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter