Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I've always been interested in those things, but only in reading about them or watching shows about them - I won't mess with them. I know better.

My grandmother used to tell our fortunes using a deck of cards - it was always just something silly and fun that she did for us, but she was a serious believer in that and the horoscopes, etc.  To me, horoscopes are like fortune cookies - generic things that can be given out to a large group and the likelihood of it being true for at least some of the group is pretty high.  
(2)

You open the door you dont know what else comes in or if its left open.
(0)

congratulations to caregiver 2020!

no one knows who Mr. Vandergelder is?

I always try and carry the fun size bars in my hoca bag - last night was nestle crunch - I find mounds is good too - dark choco and soft coconut - I'm not a fan of either so easy for me to resist

yes, one resident whom I don't know well ate his burger with gusto and then threw the wrapper at me - of course, that about made the Viking go berserk

otherwise mom was feeling better from her last UTI - she asked why all the men stare at her? so I replied it must be your full figure..
(3)

MsMadge is a Hoca bag a bag where you hock stuff in it?You know,you hock this in it and that in it?And then it's chockfull?
(1)

Lu,
Ha ha , yes kinda as it is chock full but hoca is just an abbreviation for Hotel California
I always carry a reusable shopping bag full of stuff when I go there

Jeepers, it is nearly 8 o'clock - miserably tired today - should I take a shower and get dinner or just go back to bed ?
(2)

Skip the shower, eat the cannolli. It is still early, so go to bed, when you awake at midnight, take a shower. It is not Monday, Tues,or even Weds.
It's Saturday!
(1)

MsMadge,Can you just eat a candy bar and go back to your bed?If you're beat,call it a day-
(1)

Who is Hello Dolly?
Hello, Dolly! is a 1969 American romantic comedy musical film based on the Broadway production of the same name. Directed by Gene Kelly and adapted and produced by Ernest Lehman, the cast includes Barbra Streisand, Walter Matthau, Michael Crawford, Danny Lockin, Tommy Tune, Fritz Feld, Marianne McAndrew, E. J. Peaker and Louis Armstrong (whose recording of the title tune had become a number-one single in May 1964).[1] The film follows the story of Dolly Levi (a strong-willed matchmaker), as she travels to Yonkers, New York, to find a match for the miserly "well-known unmarried half-a-millionaire" Horace Vandergelder. In doing so she convinces his niece, his niece's intended, and Horace's two clerks to travel to New York City.
(4)

Hello Dolly,Well Hello Dolly,
It's so nice to have you back where you belong,
Your'e lookin' swell Dolly,I can tell Dolly
Your'e still growin',you're still growin',Your'e still growin' strong,
I hear the moon swayin',
and the band playin' and that's all I know about Hello Dolly Send.
(1)

Great musical!!! Carol Channing aka Dolly Levi is now 96 years young.
(3)

"What good is sitting alone in your room?Come hear the music play" is from....?
(1)

"Life is a cabaret old chum, come to the cabaret!"
(2)

Sorry I gave it away so soon Luckylu, I couldn't help myself.
(2)

Oh, those musicals are way more fun and exciting than the few that play through my head on occasion. Why is it that some songs from some musicals get planted in your brain but not others? "All I want is a room some where..." I can sing every line of it. Maybe... because I identified with it as a kid...? Who Knows. But yeah... That group of Julie Andrews, Audrey Hepburn... "I could've danced all night, " and "wouldn't it be lovely." It all blends together in my head some. I can't remember which exact movies Hepburn did but I know many of the songs. I never cared for Barbara Streisand, but I don't know why. She just never captured me the same as Hepburn or Andrews. :)
(0)

Ali,
Just don't get talkie talk from South Pacific stuck in your head - maybe wash that man right outta your hair

Ding ding went the trolley
(1)

Funny, Madge, I knew something was off with the lyrics "ding ding went the trolley," because the next line is "ding ding ding went the bell," lol.

Clang clang clang went the trolley lol.

Fun memories, thanks. :) 

(And now for reasons unknown, The Girl From Ipanema is playing in my head.  I don't think that was ever in a musical, but it should've been!)  
(2)

You sent me to watch Judy Garland singing that on youtube. Everyone looks so young and bright, it makes my heart hurt to realize the film is from the 1940's and all those actors are either very old or gone. And Cabaret was made in 1972. I was so young then, no wonder it made such a big impression on me.
(3)

Ha ha

I need a rum and Coca Cola

I decided to part with my saxophone today - took lessons in my youth and have already parted with my guitar

As I pulled the sax out of the case I happened to see my social security number etched in the back - swell - now I have to try and etch it out and that isn't going to help the resale value any
(2)

Me too cwillie...I fell in Love with Cabaret and I was just a kid.I went and saw the movie so many times when it came out and then bought the record and memorized all the songs on it and I still Love it.
(1)

Speaking of musicals....CHICAGO!

I love that one. Sound of Music has been a favorite since I was a small child. And call me silly, but I love and can sing all the music by heart from The Muppet Christmas Carol. :- )
(2)

I think the music from "Fiddler on The Roof" is beautiful too.
(1)

I love that music, too, Lu.  

Phantom of the Opera songs might be my personal favorite, I think, for catchy + beautiful.
(1)

I loved Phantom of the Opera. I remember going to see it with a man from my office. How naive I was. He was just trying to get into my pants. LOL, Unfortunately, my memories of that beautiful show are a little- tainted cause of who I went to see it with.

My Hubs and I went to see Lord of the Dance at the Gaiety theatre in Dublin. What a beautiful, quaint venue. Michael Flatley had already retired at that point but the lead dancer was equally as good I thought and some of the music from that show is beautiful as well.
(2)

Too many good musicals!! I love Fiddler on the Roof and Phantom too.

Another silly one....A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. And one darker one: Sweeney Todd - The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
(3)

I love musicals!!! Fiddler on the Roof, Sound of Music, Hello Dolly, Jesus Christ Superstar. I went to a local theater to see Jesus Christ Superstar, it was awesome...So was the MiKado!!

When it comes to music, I loved going to the symphony Orchestra when my dd was in college,Not just because my dd was a music major (at first it was), I soon found out I loved the symphony, the different instruments and how they all blended together!!
(2)

GREASE! West Side Story. Unsinkable Molly Brown. Oklahoma!
(3)

Joseph and the amazing technicolor coat

Chicago

Spamalot

Jersey boys
(3)

LOVE Chicago and All That Jazz and anything Fosse (but haven't seen Cabaret yet -- love The Jailhouse Tango). Also My Fair Lady. Also Oklahoma and Carousel. And Bugsy Malone, Saturday Night Fever (yes, I love disco and am not ashamed to say it), Pennies From Heaven, The Life Of Brian, Footloose, Oliver, Singin' In The Rain, anything Fred and Ginger (but my fave is the Gay Divorcé), West Side Story, The Music Man, Camelot, The Jungle Book, Star, Sweet Charity, saw the stage version of Jersey Boys ... ah yes!
(3)

In the movie, "Driving Miss Daisy", I loved the song: "Song to the Moon".

The answer to "Who is Mr. Vandergelder" was in the movie "Hello Dolly", 
but no one noticed MsMadge.
(2)

Anything by Andrew Lloyd Webber!
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter