Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
CM, computer? how did you ever guess??? They both have new phones, an IPad and laptop MIL just had to have, but they can't upload pics or log in most days:(
The stop turned out to be related to the attempt to sell MIL's car. Hubs is the one organizing the trip to dealership to get bid, emails to get alternate bid from on-line broker ( I did help with that by entering info that hubs gathered while he was driving us to dinner), hubs (not FIL) driving MIL's car 45 miles each way to Carmax to get evaluated and bid to purchase, driving back up 55 miles each way to MIL/FIL house to take pics of car for on-line alternate bid because "we can't just take the first one"...and not one offer to pay for gas or a meal for hubs or grandson. My husband was offered part of a sandwich that FIL had ordered for himself and didn't want. *Huh.*
MIL has been trying to get me to do their taxes for free since February. I told hubs that he is financial POA for each of them AFTER the other one DIES (not by incompetence). His parents can dust off their wallet (thanks for image FF), and pay someone ELSE to do their taxes. I didn't do my mother's or my father's taxes, not free or for pay. My sister - who my son at college lives with - PAYS me to do her taxes every year and every other trip down insists on buying tank of gas to share visit costs since she doesn't drive up. My brother PAYS me for tax advice when he asks because he's now doing contract labor and been called a zillion times by former bosses for "free advice" after he left:) FIL/MIL have the money, believe me - FIL and MIL just believe that "family ought to do it and not expect..." Well, as long as it's not them being asked, that is.... sorry about rant. And I've been a hands-on caregiver all my life -- but FIL/MIL are not the next in line for ME. Husband can do what he wants, I will help him with research etc. But it is not my job to provide hands-on care or free financial services, regardless of what any of them think including hubs on some days *who thinks he's evolved past parent manipulation*.
(1)

guest - I hear you. Mother once gave me tickets to the symphony, she went to regularly, for my birthday present in an attempt to get me to drive 5 hours to her city to take her to the symphony. Of course gas money was not considered or the fact that I was still working and my energies and time were limited. I returned them to her and suggested that she give them to someone who could use them. The only time I asked for traveling money from mother was after she talked about booking a suite in the most expensive hotel in town for a week when my sis visited - for herself and my sister. It would have cost way more than I was asking, but was my way of letting her know that my time/services were worth something too. I know that this was then exaggerated to her lawyer as me being interested in using her money for myself, as I heard about it later. Sometimes you have to take a stand - good for you.
(1)

When I posted the "Caregiver's Behaving Badly" thread, I should have consulted about the wording more closely with my co-conspirator, Gershun.

Posting these words: "Ever just want to tear your hair out, or someone else's?" was known to me as just a funny saying, not an actual event in real life.

For goodness sakes, don't actually do that....don't hurt anyone! I am so embarrassed if I have accidentally encouraged anyone to violence or assault.

Disclaimer,......disclaimer.......disclaimer.....and Gershun had nothing to do with the wording. Sorry.
(4)

Send, I am hoping that a previous post had nothing to do with reflection about my altercation with my sister. I was not provoked and this issue was not provoked or enocouraged in anyway by the site or this caregivers behaving badly. It was a naturally spotaneous occurence which I was able to vent about and not in a proud way but in a freeing way which helped to release and decrease my turmoil around the whole situation. If I was not in the equation then I stand corrected. It could be a form a narcissism to think it had some relationship with my posts about fight with mmy sister. It is very clear to me that the site disscussion about caregivers behaving badly is not to acutally be bad but to express moments and vent about feeling that way at times.
(0)

I hope my dH enjoyed his cottage cheese in Bootsie's bowl.
(1)

Eeewwww! I have some bright red bowls that Bootsie can use in the future if she doesn't want to use that bowl again.

DDDuck, You are ok, cannot imagine you are a narcissist (if that is what you said). And I for one am glad you are still standing after having to pass your sister in the hallway. I hope you can get out soon, have a safe place, be at peace. You weren't calling me a narcissist were you? Thems fighting words.
Lol.

However, beware of our friend Luckylu, I think she really does share bowls at her house....Lol?

I just hate to have to explain it is all in fun, because they might take the thread down again to clean it up again.
(1)

I didn't do it. It wasn't me this time. Saturday, DH blocked the circular driveway with both cars and the poor overworked letter carrier (sarcasm) had to park and walk 30 feet to the front of the house to deliver my Amazon box.
(1)

Oh Send....I washed the bowl before I gave it back to Bootsie.Tonight dH is having a "secret sauce" made out from some kind of gravy I found from 2007 in the cabinet.I hope he Loves it too.
(2)

Luckylu what a nice kitty Bootsie is to share her cottage cheese with hubby.
(2)

Veronica...Bootsie has just brought me pure joy since she came.She's a wonderful kitty.
(1)

Feeling guilty, I am starting to mold into one of those people who slides.
That means instead of following rules to the letter, I fell asleep without calling in for jury duty. Awoke in time to make the call and do not have to go in today! Phew! What a relief, another day. Hubs could not get his schedule correct yesterday, then his boss was so confused he had him clock out an hour too soon, clock back in, Lol.
Thanks to someone on this forum, after the third call from hubs, I just said:
"Not my circus, not my monkeys!"
(2)

Yeah but.....
He really is MY monkey.
He is having a difficult time,
But he's still mine.
(4)

No time for behaving badly today! Really behind on laundry. But dH is still buttoning the pants buttons inside out turned screwy. Monkeys do that.
(2)

Send my MIL took all the zippers out of her father's pants and replaced them with velcro. He was at the stage where he insisted the s**t on the bathroom wall was something coming out of the walls. FIL wouldn't have him live with them because he made such slurping noises when he ate.
(2)

Ok then, feeling better now! All our walls are clean.
(2)

You see that "like" button over there to the right? This one is a heart....other questions or discussions may have a thumbs up. Why is that?

Then, several posters arriving new to the forum this week may be fake or trolls. Because right away, they will become offended and aggressive at caregiver members who have answered but the OP didn't like their answer.
Those are trolls, and the dismissive phrase they use to put you off sounds so familiar.
(2)

Overheard in checkout tonight: The price of a carton of cigarettes is going up $20 in April. NFD.
Good time to quit smoking, save more than $240/yr. per carton.
My home is non-smoking.  Please don't shoot the messenger.
NFD means no further details.
(2)

As long as they don't raise the price of chocolate.

Me want chocolate.........almost tempted to put my jacket on and run out for chocolate. Or maybe go next door and ask if I can borrow a cup of chocolate.

Chocolate, chocolate, lets see how many times I can use chocolate in a sentence.

I woke up craving chocolate as I went to the bathroom, the word chocolate kept running through my mind, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, then I perused the cupboard, no chocolate, "NO CHOCOLATE !!!!!!, I cried to myself, "no chocolate, my kitties read my lips, no chocolate they exclaimed"

Have I lost my mind, you might ask. Long time ago I would answer. :)
(3)

Do you ever look at a word and the more you look at it the more you think it isn't spelled right? Take the word chocolate for instance.
(2)

Lol. It is the chocolate that keeps us sane! No matter how it is spelled....
(2)

Yes, Send, I am losing my mind cause I need chocolate. I may have to go out and get some.
(2)

Gershun,
This article, snatched from the internet, mentions a drug in chocolate:

Probably the most influential love compound in chocolate is PEA, phenethylamine. This chemical, which occurs in chocolate in small quantities, stimulates the nervous system and triggers the release of pleasurable opium-like compounds known as endorphins. PEA also potentiates the activity of dopamine, a neurochemical directly associated with sexual arousal and pleasure. PEA acts as a potent antidepressant in both sexes and rises during periods of romance. The giddy, restless feelings that occur when we are in love are due to a great extent to PEA, which significantly increases in the brain at that time, and when we achieve orgasm. Some scientists dismiss this notion, claiming that the PEA in chocolate is metabolized too quickly to produce a significant mood-altering effect, but others disagree. Why else would chocolate be so inextricably intertwined with love and romance? While there are a great many agents in nature which boost libido and enhance sexual function, chocolate alone actually promotes the brain chemistry of being in love.
(0)

Smart women throughout history have sent their men out to get the chocolate. I think, I hope I am not making this up. Anyone smart on here?
(3)

I don't know about it triggering any love feelings but it satisfies something.

Tomorrow.............chocolate run.
(2)

I just had a See's buttercream chocolate Easter egg - yummy
(1)

Uh oh, that sounds so good MsMadge! And you deserve it!
Staying up late to make the call-in, as late as possible for jury service......
I guess I could set an alarm, eat my dark chocolate, go to sleep.
Then reset alarm to coincide with the store opening of sees candy, or forget all about jury duty. So many choices, and all of them chocolate!

Gershun, Do they have Sees in your area?
(1)

MsMadge, Is there a favorite game tonight? What was the name of that movie? Or are you going to bed?

Gershun will maybe back around 3 a.m. when Daniel prowls.  What is the other cat's name?  Are you sure it's not you waking up the cats nightly, Gershun?
(2)

I'm just about tucked in but let's see if you can identify this movie :

Ahh heck, if I have to eat catfish the rest of my life can't I at least have them on a plate

I have a See's gift card for the winner
(1)

No clue, don't know, but will guess, because there was a movie named "Catfish". Will look it up, but not answer until others have guessed.
(0)

Fell asleep looking for that movie quote...nowhere to be found! Someone who knows will have to answer.

Meanwhile, celebrating the end of my jury service week (don't have to go in at all)!!! will be searching out my chocolate easter egg @ sees today!
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter