Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Bookluvr, I hadn't noticed the change in the screen name until you brought it up. It must had happened within the past couple of days. That is strange.
(2)

freqflyer, I've been reading from recent posts, then backwards on the Favorite Things thread, also by Send. On this thread, she last posted 5 days ago. On the Favorite thread, it was 4 days ago...
(1)

Do you think she was deleted accidentally like Guest??? Does anyone talk with her outside this forum through emails??
(1)

Sometimes people change their IDs, for one reason or another. I know I did when I last moved, for example.
(3)

I changed mine when mom died. My name kept reminding me what I went through. I wanted to start anew with a different name as I'm now dealing with my dad. I opened a new account- with a new name.
(2)

Hope Send is ok...and everyone else for that matter!
(4)

I was pretending to be Columbo, and I was thinking back that whenever someone would place a "spam" on the forums, Send would write "spam" as her answer and what some of us writers would do would hit the "report" button to get the Admin attention about the spam.

Come to think of it, BarbBrooklyn would also try to get us to notify the Admin's of spam by asking us to to use the "report" button on her answer, and not long ago she changed her name.

I wonder if that had happened to both Send and to Barbara???

Doesn't seem fair.   We really need a "report" for the original posts, too.
(2)

I need to be a Brat.....since my mom told me I was today over and over and over! I will be 60 next month and have cared for her in my home for 3 years. I'm leaving the dishes on the counter tomorrow and will do them when I feel like it! And one day without vacuuming !
(6)

Why oh why would you need to vacuum every day anyway, are you a crazy cat lady? do you run a preschool with a sandbox? live in a construction zone?? Be a real brat, don't vacuum for a week, or two!
(4)

My house gets vacuumed every two weeks when the cleaner comes!!!!!!!!!
(4)

Send told me in a PM that she was requesting her account be "privatized" with AC. She said she would be back. I think everything is ok with her and that she requested the change to her account.

(I figured she'd be back by now to tell you guys this herself, but since she isn't, I don't want people to worry too much... YET... lol)
(2)

Mom and I were both Brats,especially at the hospital,when after a fall,she'd have to get an MRI.
Mom had a real "thing" about her hair and a few fake pieces had to be worked into her own hair after some hair loss with bobby pins,so she didn't want me to take out her bobby pins and she wore a snood and I didn't take them out,but I guess we were lucky a bobby pin didn't blow through her head and we behaved badly.
(2)

And I know it was wrong,but she was SO thirsty and had that sweet little face,I snuck her tiny sips of water when she wasn't supposed to have any.Another Brat move...
(2)

And that, Lucky, is why in the olden days, when they had God-like doctors and stern matrons in hospitals, relatives were banned. I know quite a few people who wish they still were!
(0)

I'd have painted the moon purple for Mom churhmouse...Whatever she wanted or needed,I gave her.....right or wrong.She'd have done the same for me.
(5)

It's okay everyone, not the first time behaving badly was taken too seriously, as there is exageration of the facts at times, then there are special sensitivities some have, and we can relate. We all have had to explain ourselves in the past at least once! I am thinking of writing 'I am sorry' at the start of every post I make as a disclaimer. So, I am sorry, in advance.
Sometimes, I am thinking Churchmouse is being a special comedian too deep for me to understand all she writes, but I love her wit! She would not intentionally wound anyone.
And Luckylu, everyone will understand how you kept your Mom alive all those years, over ten years, sacrificing your own health and just now taking better care of yourself.
Going back to incognito now, love all of you brats!
Love, from Send
(4)

Thanks Send and Churchmouse~
(3)

I'm sorry.
(2)

Meet up Friday evening to let out our inner brats.
But just for today, I am not going to fold my laundry or change my sheets.
I will have to shower though!
(3)

There are crumbs in my bed.
I think they are chocolate.
(2)

Chocolate crumbs in bed will melt by morning and leave a mess, you had better get busy licking them off so that doesn't happen ;)
(3)

Yeah but....what if they're not?
(4)

Send.....please do not eat crumbs off bed...........they might be dingleberries.

I'm just saying...............:P
(4)

Yes at the hotel California it is sometimes difficult to distinguish chocolate spills from skid marks on the seat cushions

Approach with caution but if you are not changing the sheets don't bother to shower - you'll just get stinky again by morning
(3)

Lucky, what I was thinking of was the time daughter rang me to vent about a patient (unidentified, of course) who was supposed to be Nil By Mouth before an operation and who denied point blank that he'd had anything to eat when he had chocolate all round his mouth and his mother was guiltily stuffing wrappers into her purse. "But he was so hungry..!" Well, they could have taken his word for it and gone ahead, or they could reschedule the procedure. They rescheduled.

Never fret about the hair pins and the MRI, hugs. If it were really that crucial a point, the radiographers would check it themselves, not leave it to the patients.
(3)

churchmouse...I would have Never given Mother a piece of chocolate or candy or anything like that,but I did sneak her tiny sips of water and maybe some ice chips.I didn't want her to urp either or mess up her operation....But I knew better and it was a brat move and Mom's hair was put together in 5 pieces like a puzzle and I don't think I could have figured out how to put it back and Mom didn't want me to take her hair pins out,so I didn't,but I was kinda scared about that.I guess I was a pretty big brat and Mom too.We had a lot of laughs though.You know,when I was taking care of Mom,I had so much more courage and I felt like I was her protector and now I'm scared to even go outside and lock my car at night.She could have never saved me from harm but just sitting in her liftchair,she gave me strength.Anyway churchmouse,Thanks for what you said.Hope you are having an OK day~
(0)

Looking up dingleberries now.....
(0)

Looking up dingleberries now.....
(0)

I really wouldn't, Send. Especially don't Google it!
(1)

I never eat cereal in bed.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter