Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
4 5 6 7 8
I wish I could copy all the checks my sister wrote and fill her house with them :P
(3)

Hmmmm, tinted window - never thought of that and since its south facing that would help with the summer heat. Thanks cwillie, definitely gonna look into that idea.
(2)

The AC unit isn't working quite right. Tech was here today and cleaned and oiled the 40 yr old unit and it seems like it might be ok, hard to tell yet.

My bro has my dad for a visit at his house right now.

What if I just tell bro that AC unit is out and dad can't come back until it's fixed...? It's 90+ degrees and very humid outside, not safe for elderly (though my dad would run around naked or in his Depends and not care at all...).

This is the 1x a year that my bro might take my dad for a bit. I'm thinking to milk it for everything I can get (and have earned many times over).

That's my brat thinking for today. Have a good one!!
(5)

I sent bro a text asking him to keep dad for a couple weeks and telling him what dad needs, and to call me with questions.

I honestly don't know if the AC is working here, and my dad's shower stall he uses has been ripped out by the restoration contractors post flood on 7/29... This is a time where my bro can keep my dad while I handle things here at his house.

That's not even being bratty, it's just asking a sibling to shoulder some part of the work.

Well. I'll have to work on getting into Truly Bratty Mode. Shouldn't be too hard, I've just momentarily forgotten how to do it due to all these years of self sacrifice. :-P
(1)

Thinking back on Brat behavior,My Mother Hated Splenda and she wasn't diabetic,but when I needed to get her a custard fast,I'd go up to the hostpital and get her diabetic,made with Splenda custard and I never told her and she lapped it up.
(4)

Luckylu, No judgment here! I saw your posts about the good soft foods you gave your Mom, it was a good variety and sounded good. It also sounded so convenient, so for that reason, I started eating jello snacks and my nails look better! It would be more economical to make the jello, but I am a brat.
(2)

That is jello with sugar.
(1)

Ewww! I stopped eating jello years ago when I found out what it's made from. No, it's not horses hooves- that's an urban legend- but it's almost as bad. No offense to all you jello eaters intended.
(2)

Gonna find out about the jello source, Rainmom. Maybe I will have,to start biting and eating my own fingernails.

It is so much more fun and easier to be bratty on someone else's behalf, is anyone finding that? Maybe should never mention this, but has anyone read the ingredients listed on ensure?

Just going to leave that here, let it sink in-don't nobody panic.
(2)

Send...Don't eat your fingernails!Think where they've been last......Ewwww!
(3)

They have been in the chocolate pudding? Dishwater with bleach?
(1)

And they thought Ensure would be good for me! The stuff they prescribe for my feeding tube sets hard like caramel.
Send there are gloves you know that's what nurses use!
(1)

Veronica, That was going to be third on my list of where my fingernails have been, inside gloves. Recently reloaded the supply with the blue nitrite gloves.

Also true, your name was omitted (due to time constraints) from the list of brats needed to be personally monitored by the censors. Lol.

I would have put other's names, but they have not yet made their presence know, they are busy being brats.

What do you use to keep the tube clear, maybe lemonade? Have you designed your own recipe yet?
(0)

I hear Vodka cleans out anything... just saying!!
(5)

When I said to think about where your fingernails have been,I was thinking about the john........
(3)

Yes, Luckylu, that is bratty!

Micalost, Was going to let thjs one go, but seems my brat skills are being sharpened as we go along, learning together, all of us..
Shop owners everywhere have been posting bad checks at the cash register for years. It is a crime. I was thinking that you could post all the checks your sister wrote on fb? (That is, only if the account is closed, and you are willing to leave both fb and the country!) Stiil, something should be done. Wishing I knew a way.
(2)

Thanks for the laughs. I needed that!
(1)

I've renamed our house Casa de Pee Pee. Only this group would get that.
(4)

was it something I said
(1)

Scared, What do you mean? Private message me?
(0)

Two of my mom's five agency hired caregivers have gone on leave in the past week and the agency is having trouble replacing them - wtf? Is unemployment so low that no one wants to spend 4 hours in the afternoon with a demented 93 year old woman in a memory care center ?
(1)

We call one of our cats Two Fat Shakur. I hope people of our age range will get the rap reference.
(2)

Two pack, the 80's? Not my age group but dH knew it. He knows lots about movies, songs, etc. I didn't get it, but that is okay, right?
(2)

I like "Two (or Too) Fat," but Tupac would have been just as cute for a cat, imo. I'm slightly older than the Tupac Shakur generation, but only by a couple of years. He was an interesting person, had good lyrics and thoughtfulness, I think.
(1)

Yes it's okay that you didn't get it Send. His real name is Daniel but because he is kind of chubby we call him Too Fat Shakur. Actually, thx for correcting me Ali. I meant to say too fat. Not enough sleep.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
(2)

Gershun, Maybe waking up all the neighbors last night was not such a good idea?

Self-correcting here: Tupac Shakur, a poet hip-hop artist who died at age 25 in 1996. Saw: Tupac Shakur quotes online, just amazing, relevant to today.
(2)

Sendme he was shot wasn't he. I think I had heard that. My niece had a poster of him in her bedroom. I didn't actually wake up my neighbors but it was a good thought at the time. I finally got to sleep at 6:00 am. I am going to doc tomorrow to see if he will prescribe me something to help me sleep. Wish me luck.
(2)

...and he had beautiful eyes!
(3)

Yes. Only briefly researched tupac due to following a bad website, with word fun in title, then spin the wheel, win a prize, and plooey, my kindle was in their control.!!!
Behaving badly because I knew better than to do that! No free gifts online.
Cleared my history, dH helped.

Goodnight! Going outside to look at the sky.
(2)

Gershun, my post to you was unsuccessful or deleted.
Get some sleep only after the Perseid passes by.
(1)

4 5 6 7 8
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter