Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Ali....I made a batch of brownies and sprinkled flour all over the top of them instead of powdered sugar...
(6)

LOLOLOL "quinoa can bite me"

Yes, I'm with you on that one. I want to learn how to use quinoa in recipes but... life is kinda short for that business, you know...? hehehehehe
(2)

Oh, quinoa and I have had it out.........I spent an hour and a half making this quinoa, black bean thingy. It sounded so good and healthy but it tasted like cac ca. Blech............
(2)

Ali-a little wax with your bacon? Tease, tease....maybe you can use the extra bacon to wax your legs....?

Gershun, Was just now wondering, how do you know what cac ca tastes like? Did you behave this badly as a child too?

So sorry, was laughing when started reading way back. I was going to participate in the self-abasement of my cooking skills, but I don't want to. Besides that, I cannot remember when I last cooked something good. My uncle, who ate the bacon I cooked, and the eggs, may be thinking of pressing elder abuse charges.
(5)

Luckylu, Sure those brownies were still good, and flour is cheaper than sugar. You may go down in history as the inventor of safety brownies for elders who cannot have that much sugar! What color, exactly, were the brownies?
(1)

Has anyone ever seen "fresh" ginger after finding it again months later, behind the juicer?
(2)

I gave up cooking decades ago, everything was a science project that turned out bad. Some people find cooking relaxing, for me I need a bottle of tranquilizers.

My problem were the terms used in cooking. Like Garnish???.... who's wages do I withhold and what does that have to do with cooking?
(5)

Send....you mean I'm the only one on here who knows what ca ca tests like?

At least it was fresh ca ca with a ginger scent.
(2)

The brownies were brown Send,not Blondies....And NO WAY will Precious be getting "preggars"!After Christmas she'll be having a little operation FOR SURE....
(2)

Just bringing this thread back to the top... someone over on another thread thought it was history.
(2)

Well, I am not done behaving badly. Awakening a potential concussion patient was getting kinda fun after the third hour. Thought maybe I should start to feel bad about enjoying it so much....but NO, I confess to liking it.

Not many will understand that my sleeping habits have allowed me to develop a way to stay awake all night, sitting with a dying person once so his burnt out wife could sleep those last 8 hours of his life. I don't mind at all. It is fortunately, a rare event.
(5)

They were so lucky to have you Send.What an angel to do that for someone.
Hope potential concussion patient wasn't mad when awakened...for your sake.
(5)

Thanks Lu! That was so nice, my "patient", should I do it again tonite? Huh? Huh?
Maybe I should........
(2)

Sure Send....If it feels good,Do it!
(2)

Saving up my bad behavior till I see my PCP next week. The blood tests ordered by Cardiology showed that I was hypothyroid and the advice was to treat it when it is well known it is caused by another drug I never wanted and have been trying to get off for months. How many other diagnosis do I need before they figure out they are all well known side effects from Amiodarone. Maybe they are following the policy of euthanizing the elderly. When it was prescribed Hubby said "That's a very nasty drug" The Dr replied "Yes it is, we"ll see how she is doing in six months and consider a change then" Hubby has the reputation of having strong opinions on my treatment. trouble is he is usually right but that does not endear him to the medics who get very defensive. Oh well onward and upward!
(7)

Try closing your eyes & rolling some air across your tongue - keep mouth closed & think 'FOOD' - what ever you think of first is what you really want to eat - do it just before going to store, buy the ingredient & cook something you really want
(2)

Lol, In N Out, not again!
(3)

I thought of cat poo for some reason. Maybe I need to pick up litter? LOL
(3)

There is a place, not far from here-a cat poo lovers delight-one could build something with the hardened litter. A wall? Build a wall.
(1)

A block wall.
(2)

Thank goodness in n out is open late - pulled into the drive thru at 1:18 am after finishing my shift at the hotel California - should have stopped at two chili peppers though - the third was way too hot 👅
(3)

Glad you are okay, Ms. Madge.
(2)

Now I am imagining three chili peppers dressed up like the Three Amigos ganging up on poor Ms. Madge late at night at a deserted drive-thru alleyway...scary stuff, there!
(2)

And Veronica - I'd give you a free license to slap that doctor silly, but I can't - because he's already well beyond silly. Refer him to the Stefans-Gibbs laws of side effects which ought to be posted on here somewhere. Maybe we can start a non-profit foundation to combat the tragic results of SEDS (Side Effect Denial Syndrome.)
(3)

vstefans: And we'll start with the statin drugs (eg lipitor), which can kill you. :(
(3)

Alec Baldwin as trump on SNL IS WILD
(4)

No worries Vstefans, In n Out is never isolated, always busy.
(3)

I've been meaning to find and watch the SNL episodes from the past couple of weeks. I've heard they're very pointed and funny. :-D

And please, dear ones, for the love of everything humane and kind, please stop talking about In N Out. (No, don't... but I do salivate a little every time I read the name...) Steak N Shake is pretty good, and there are a couple of those around here, but SnS doesn't quite hit the craving spot like In N Out. No Fatburger here, either. :(
(1)

In N Out is the only place I will go for a burger.
(2)

Went to visit MIL at her new AL/NH.. out of the blue she asked if we knew BIL "beat that girl up".. you should have seen our faces! BIL is 64, and then she said he was 23...LOL Can't wait to ask him about that story..( believe me it could not be true!) But the teasing will begin!
(5)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter