Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Flyer, funny you should say that. When I am sitting on the throne having my morning pee (TMI I know) my one cat puts his front paws on my lap and bumps heads with me. He is a male too.
(3)

Red rubbery things?
(1)

Lips......my lips. LOL The ones on my face...........you know. LOL, LOL

Lordy, I can just read Captain's mind right now. :P
(3)

Waiting on the last strike of the Cubs game...

2 outs...

2 strikes...

2 balls...

Cubs are up 5-1...

And there it is!!! Cubs win Game 2!!! Going back to Wrigley for Friday and Saturday games. Woot!!!
(1)

If your sorry and you know it clap your hands....clap,clap......
(3)

Yes, Ali.....I don't think I even breathed for 4 hours (although I was yelling at the TV, soooo.....used to hate that with bro and Dad growing up.....and, now here is me?!....lol)....

Just couldn't even post until it was final.....such a crap year all around: horrible election year......Mom's decline, hospice, passing....and shitty day today, too.....really, really needed this.....so great!.....Yessss......Cubbies!!!

OMG....My wonderful hometown of Chicago will be going CRAZY on Friday!....

Thank you, thank you, thank you Cubbies!......Absolutely BEST GRIEF THERAPY!!!
(5)

Mina so happy you were able to have an escape tonight. I'm not a baseball fan but good for you guys that your Cubbies won.
(3)

Aw, Mina, I'm glad you have some positive distraction. Yes, lots of things not right in the world, but the Cubbies are in the World Series!! I expect Friday's and Saturday's games at Wrigley Field will be electric, and most of the city will be watching to cheer them on. I just spoke with a friend who lives in downtown area and we're making our plans now of where/how to find a place that won't be *too* crowded to watch Friday's game. Hah! I don't know if such a place exists but we'll try to find one.

So happy that you have this simple joy right now of rooting for your "home team" in the World Series. :-D
(3)

"Who's sorry now?"
(2)

The Dodgers I guess.........that is who the Cubs are playing right? she says scratching her head and looking confused.

I'm sorry..........so sorry.......that I was such a fool!
(2)

OMG....Ali...so happy that "you are there".....Good Luck!.....As a young architecture student, I worked for the Chicago Architecture Foundation.....gave walking tours around amazing Chicago, yessss....home of the skyscraper, Frank Lloyd Wright, Miies, etc.....including Wrigley Field.....

#1 Q re: Wrigley: Why no lights?.....As a fellow Chicagoan you will appreciate that!
(1)

Gershun, the Cubs are playing the Cleveland Indians now for the World Series. They were playing a best-of-7 series for the National League pennant against the Los Angeles Dodgers, but Cubs beat them.

Um, Mina, I get it about the lights... sort of. They put in lights in '88, though, lol. Did you know that? I don't know how long you've been an "expat." ;-) The surrounding rooftop bleachers are still in place, though, despite ongoing attempts to put up signage or other things to block the view, or put through regulation to stop the rooftop stands.

For those of you not familiar, Wrigley Field is surrounded by buildings with stands on the rooftops where people can join a private club - or some are open to public, I think - and they watch the games from nearby rooftop bleacher stands.

Mina, that's amazing about your past work at Chicago Architecture Foundation. The friend I'm meeting for the game on Friday also works to preserve and improve existing & historical Chicago architecture. Seems like such a neat job! He loves what he does. I'll ask him more about the specifics on Friday, likely.

Good night, all. xx
(3)

Thx for the heads up Ali......like I said I'm not much of a baseball person......but go Cubs anyway.
(1)

Ali....they hadn't yet put in the lights....at all...lol....I'm 64.....so this was back in the late 70's......I am aware of the "new" lighting......those dang rooftops????.....

Yep.....dang wonderful rooftop parties..... I can remember more than a few.....lol....

Thing is.....I was also a journalist and belonged to the Chicago Press Club (much better deal than my poor paying newspaper job!).....in lieu of bad pay.....good seats.....dang good connections....and some lessons in how the world works.....
(2)

Mina
Time for you to go night night
(0)

Now I can't sleep
(0)

Luckylu - he probably would have said 'it seemed like a good idea at the time' I think Jeff Foxworthy did a whole skit on it - if you can find it will have you in stitches from laughter - some times a bit of laughter helps because it is almost as good as a lifering
(2)

moecam...You must be talking about my husband putting the cookie sheets in the garage.If that was all he did,it wouldn't be so bad ,but this annoying stuff happens all the time and everything he touches,he looses.It's hard enough to keep up with myself .....and this is why I don't think he should wear his wedding ring.He's just out to drive me crazy,and it's working....Maybe this belongs on the whine thread instead......
(1)

Thanks for the Jeff Foxworthy show idea.I could use a laugh,your right moecam.
(0)

Can the demented vote? 🇺🇸
(1)

Madge, I'm resisting the urge to make a partisan dig here... lol...
(4)

Luckylu,
As far as it concerns me, you are welcome to post here anytime.
Posting where your friends are is a good idea, imo.
Some people are posting here, there, and everywhere.
I think that makes things more interesting. imo.
(2)

If my Dad had lived a couple more months, I was planning on taking him to the polling place to vote... even though his mind had been slipping, I knew for a whole year who he wanted to vote as we had good conversations on the candidates. Turned out his candidate was also my candidate. His two caregivers were also on his side for whom to vote. He was excited about voting, but it just wasn't to be :(
(6)

You realize of course that studies have shown that folks with mental illness vote pretty much just like the rest of us, don't you?
(4)

Yes, vstefans if Trump wins we should get placards and t-shirts that say that.
(2)

Mina, I'm on the L to go over to River North area and find a place to watch the game. Thinking of you! Wearing a royal blue/Cubs blue sweater for the occasion. Happy Friday, all!
(4)

Ali.....Thank you, so much!.....Must be so exciting just to be in Chicago tonight!.....so sweet of you to be thinking of me......much appreciated.....hope you have a fantastic night!!!
(1)

I just do hooklatch.
(0)

Vstefans.
Do you mean the mentally ill vote pretty much the same as caregivers?
Hmmmmmn. Are they studying us?
How do they get out to vote?
Who watches the elderly/senior loved one?
(1)

Today at. c o s t c o someone was wearing the blue with the C on it, and was almost as excited as Ali and Mina about the World seriously.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter