Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
How to get out of jury duty... I have never tried it but I think if you showed up talking like Captain on one of his rants you would probably be excused. If you show up dressed like an evil clown and talk like Cap you might get tasered, not a good plan!!!
(2)

Downtown!
(3)

The lights are much brighter there. You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares.
(3)

Talking like the Capt won't help you but telling them you baby sat the accused when he was a baby and thanking the judge for his Christmas card did the trick for one friend. I just told them I was an alien and that got me off plus it was true. Another non citizen we know actually sat on a jury because she did not know she had to be a citizen and they never found out.
(2)

I can see where we are going to have to make this game a bit more challenging
(1)

Mom was trading her magazine aloud to her sitter while waiting fir dinner and came across a riddle

What kind of bow can't you tie in a knot?
(0)

Lordie
She was reading aloud
(0)

Was it the bow of a ship?
(1)

Yeah but, Veronica, I cannot lie to the judge-I never babysat the Captain!
(1)

And go downtown!
(0)

Thank you Cwillie, I will take your advice under advisement.

Oh no! I just accidentally shredded the entire greenish document by mistake....not even a shred of evidence that I ever received it-don't have a jury number, a phone numbed-nothing! I didn't even call in yet to register. I am sure its all too late, and they will be coming to take me away, ha ha.
(1)

Keep a low profile.
Don't nobody panic.
Nothing bad is happening now.
Take only one aspirin and call out on Sunday morning.
(1)

RAINBOW.
No one can tie a rainbow in a knot.

That is because God made the rainbow as a covenant with His people as a reminder that He would never again destroy the-whole-earth by flood.
(2)

Hey, do I win? Where'd everybody go? Mention God and His promises and you have thousands of people freaking out over the hurricane destruction, including flooding, and there is just silence instead of trust and prayers.

Or, maybe it is just too late on a game on t.v. night? Goodnight everyone.
Goodnight Gershun.
Goodnight Luckylu.
Goodnight everyone.
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!
(1)

Well, I would like to know, God, if you changed your mind about the flood?
(1)

Send
Do you have the same magazine as mom? Next time it rains look for the rainbow over dodger stadium - ha ha ha
(1)

Name that tune

Three o'clock and I'm dreaming
(0)

Jumping in, saying thanks to everyone on this site. MIL got out of nursing home, is staying with us until Saturday, and 2 of her boys are taking her home. I'm calling this, "The Summer They Learned The Truth About Their Parents. " I had to become pissy and get on everyone about picking up after themselves. Amazing how quickly that made her want to go home. I have done what I could, I don't feel bad about the way it's ending. To have my husband and his brother realize that their parents are not who they thought they were was a harsh reality, but they are no longer high on a pedastil, and that is a Godsend. No longer will we be driving 3 hours to do things for them unless it is a dire emergency. No more spending all of our free time with them. We get our lives back. Saturday cannot come quick enough. Thankfully I have to work this weekend and will not be involved with the move home. And on the plus side, I will have the house to myself until Sunday night. Bubble baths, books, and coffee. Yep that's going to be my weekend. God bless everyone taking on the thankless job of caring for someone, try to keep your sanity, and get respite care as much as possible. Take gentle advice when someone says it's time to place them somewhere else. Yes , you love them, but there is always a point where if they could say it, they wouldn't want to be putting you through this private Hell.
(4)

"It never rains in California...."
(1)

Where troubles melt like lemon drops
(1)

That's where you'll find me

Was my Mother's favorite song.
(1)

Goodnight Ms. Madge!
(1)

I wish we all could be California girls.
(3)

Good night, Send

Time to pack up work and head to the hotel California

Maybe I'll take the surry with the fringe on top
(3)

Went to Arcadia and Pasadena today, saw the doggys at the humane society.
(2)

Gershun, How do I tell if it was uptown, or DOWNTOWN? It was daytime-there were no lights.

Did anyone see Uptown Girls? Dakota Fanning was really young.
(0)

Ya got me Send............:P
(0)

It was lovely weather today
A hint of fall was finally in the air

Did you see any peacocks roaming around Arcadia ? I wonder if once they escape the arboretum if they ever go back ...
(1)

Someone told my Hubs once that the Eagles song "Hotel California" is about hell.
Now every time I hear it, it creeps me out. The line "you can check in anytime you like but you can never leave" Yikes!
(2)

Gershun
That line is exactly my reference to memory care - if it creeps you out then I'll not use it anymore
We will need a contest though to come up with another code name
Nite nite
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter