Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Make sure that you follow through with taking care of yourself. Best wishes~
(1)

Wow! You are not alone dear. This is my life except I have a ft and pt job as well. My mom does not have moments of narcissism, but every moment. Don't let any one tell you that you are just having a bad day, because all we have to hope for once in a great while is a good day.
(1)

No, we share similar experiences, except my mother is now in a board-and-care 24-hour assisted living care home. She still screams at me when I tell her that she cannot come back to our condo, and I feel bad. I myself am in and out of temporary jobs and must seek permanent work. She is 93, but I am only 57. My heart goes out to those caregivers who feel that they are very absorbed in their guilt-ridden obligations, but help is out there. You just need to know. On way is to contact a geriatric care manager and obtain an elder attorney to help out with your elder's and your legal rights. Once the situation inproves, you will then be able to figure an out for yourself and counseling, if necessary. Best of luck to all of us caregivers or elder assistants!
(1)

Smitty this sounds so familiar except my mom is with me 24/7. You've got to get some help. Someone to talk to. Some counseling something. This board helps me remember that Im not the only one and everyone has given me the best advice and Ive followed it all and feel so much better. I cannot change my mom but I'm changing myself. God Bless you.
(5)

Amen, Noahbb!
xo
-SS
(1)

Thanks selfishsiblings xo
(0)

My 93-year-old Mom is in a board-and-care, yet it still seems I spend at least 10 hours a week handling her affairs at age 57 doing "unpaid" work when I must work for a living!
(1)

93 yrs wow. that's incredible. My mom is 75 and I am 50, she has a lot of problems caused from food/eating. so don't think she will make it to 93. But I cannot work because she states she cannot do things on her own. I had to file for disability for depression which is what I was after 4 years of loosing my savings and house and friends. And I been not myself for 4 years until using this site which has made me a better daughter and person to care for my mom. People have really helped me over come her rudeness. God bless.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter